OpenCV vs Keras – Comparison Between Keras and OpenCV
Python offers you many libraries to simplify your tasks. Keras and OpenCV are such libraries. Both are Python-based libraries. These libraries are easy to use. These have easy and simple syntax as they are written in Python. These libraries contain many built-in resources and functions. It makes it comfortable for users to work with these libraries. Let us learn OpenCV vs Keras to understand the differences between Keras and OpenCv.
Keeping you updated with latest technology trends, Join TechVidvan on Telegram
Keras is an open-source library. It handles high-level APIs but does not work with low-level computations. It also supports the use of backends and runs both on CPU and GPU. Keras is a user-friendly library. It provides an ease to users. It is the most popular library used for Deep Learning and is an API for different training programs. Keras was invented to make the Deep Learning task fast and efficient. It provides an effective and convenient way to learn and train Deep Learning models and programs. Many developers prefer Keras because it helps to optimize their tasks. Many of the start-ups working with the model of Machine Learning prefer Keras.
Keras has a large active community making its development fast and rapid. It saves time making the code execute faster. There are many famous organizations that make use of Keras like Google, Netflix, Uber, Microsoft, etc. There is around 200,00 user who considers Keras the best platform for Deep Learning.
It has a high quality of documentation. It is hard to debug in Keras. Keras is extremely flexible. It focuses on the idea of Models. It enables you to prototype fast.
Highlighting Feature of Keras
- User-friendly: Keras is highly user-friendly. It provides users the facility to easily work with Keras. It is not to difficult to work with. Keras provides everything to achieve the outcome without any complexity.
- Extensibility: It is easy to add a new component and work with it. It is highly compatible with new components. It is simple to add new modules in Keras. Keras allows for creating new modules.
- Modularity: It considers a model in the form of a graph or a sequence. Keras allows you to save the model you are working on. It is highly modular. You can even use the model in the future.
- Evaluation and Prediction: Keras had the evaluate() and predict() method. These methods can use the dataset of NumPy. After testing the data, the evaluation of the result is done. These methods are used to evaluate our models.
- Encoding: Keras offers a very useful feature of encoding. It provides you one_hot() function. It filters the white spaces. This function enables you to encode your Keras code. It helps you to encode integers in one step. It also enables you to tokenize the data.
It is an open-source Python library. It is extremely useful for Computer Vision and Machine Learning. OpenCV was built to provide a common infrastructure for computer vision applications and to accelerate the use of machine perception in commercial products. There are many tools that integrate with OpenCV, which are Kurento, Raspbian, etc.
OpenCV makes it easy for businesses to utilize and modify the code. It has C++, C, Python, and Java interfaces and supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. OpenCV has more than 47 thousand people in the user community. This library can take advantage of multi-core processing.
Its usage ranges from interactive art to mines inspection, stitching maps on the web, or through advanced robotics. It has a wide variety of applications. The applications are Robot and Driverless car navigation, medical surgery, Interactive art installations, etc.
Highlighting Features of OpenCV
- Platform Independent: It supports cross-platform operations. There is no platform restriction. It can run on any platform as it is platform-independent.
- It has the capability to process the image, video, I/O, etc.
- OpenCV is suitable both for commercial and academic uses.
- Supportive community: The community of OpenCV is highly supportive. It has around 47 thousand people in the user community. It provides you quick responses to your queries.
- Object detection: OpenCV is useful for Computer Vision. It easy to detect various objects using this library. It also helps you to detect features.
Keras and OpenCV both are Python-based libraries. Being Python based it is very easy to code in Both the libraries. Both libraries have their individual pros and cons. OpenCV and Keras both are proficient in their fields.
Keras is comparatively more efficient. It is much easy to work with Keras. Also, Keras is more popular than OpenCV. On the other hand, OpenCV is more popular than Keras in the field of Computer Vision. OpenCV has a wide range of applications in the fields of ML. This was all about OpenCV vs Keras.